Be the first to hear about distance learning programs, upcoming workshops, and new resources for science learning.
The ABCs of Hands-on, Minds-on Learning (grades K-12)
Discover a surprisingly simple strategy for designing hands-on investigations that truly help build students’ scientific knowledge and skills.
In this highly interactive online workshop, you will explore the power of ABC: Activity Before Content, and CBV: Content Before Vocabulary. This research-based teaching strategy centers student thinking and supports NGSS learning. You’ll have the opportunity to evaluate current curriculum and make adjustments to improve learning outcomes for students. This workshop will be interactive, with both whole group and small group activities.
This workshop is designed for teachers of grades K-12, and to be valuable for educators teaching online, hybrid, or in-person. All educators are welcome.
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
3:00 pm-5:30 pm (Pacific Time)
What can I expect in an online workshop?
- Our online workshops take place on Zoom and are highly interactive. All workshops include both whole group and small group activities.
- We hope that participants will engage as fully as possible, while also realizing that we are all in different places and situations.
- We have designed our online professional development to be valuable for educators teaching online, in-person, and in hybrid situations.
- We don’t record our online workshops.
- All times posted are in the Pacific Time Zone.
How do I join?
Pre-registration for this online workshop is required. The Academy's professional development team will send the Zoom Meeting ID to registered educators a few days before the event.
Tickets are $35 for this 2.5-hour workshop. A limited number of tickets are available, and registration will close on or before Tuesday, November 16.
We're hosting virtual PD on Zoom in Summer 2021.