Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Buy ahead to skip the line and save on tickets. 21+.
It’s 4/20, you know what that means: let’s get stoned…by celebrating the wonders of geology! Wait, what were you thinking?
Also, don't forget to stop by the "Stoner Station" at Curiosity Grove for a fresh selection of "loaded" and "fried" snacks while supplies last!
Sounds by Mawkus
Check out Mawkus' exclusive NightLife playlist on the NightLife Spotify Page
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
The Great Beyond
- At 7:30 PM, Get real deep with geophysicist Sonia Tikoo-Schantz as she unravels the magnetic and mysterious evolutionary history of our nearest neighbor in space, the Moon.
- At 8:30 PM, From mammoths and whales to clams and snails, the Bay Area is home to some pretty cool fossils. Learn about the fascinating relics that live right beneath our feet with local paleoecologist Kat Magoulick.
6 - 10 PM
- Are you ready to rock? The SF Gem & Mineral Society will leave you mesmerized with a series of demos from beading to bangle making. Plus, purchase hand-made trinkets and stones like faceted gems and metal pendants.
- Get trippy with artist Nigel Sussman while he creates live drawings of psychedelic stone-themed art. You can even put his imagination to the test with your own impromptu request!
- Of quartz, we’re excited to welcome another visit from the Museum of Craft and Design! Choose from semi-precious stone beads, crystal points, and colorful agate slices to create your very own rockin’ suncatcher.
- Last but not least, our friends at San Franpsycho will be live screen-printing an exclusive NightLife x Stoned design, available for purchase for those who want a one-of-a-kind souvenir to commemorate the night.
6 - 10 PM
- Don't miss our one-night only Stoned Pop-up Menu created by Constellation Chef Rob Lilly featuring "Loaded" Tots, Fried Mac 'n Cheese Fritters, a Beefy Cheese Sando, S'mores bars, and more exclusive snacks.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- Heads up! Due to the annual 420 celebration in Golden Gate Park, you may expect higher than usual traffic to and around the park. We advise that NightLife guests plan to arrive early and consider taking public transportation to avoid the increased traffic. The Academy is conveniently located within 10 minutes of four MUNI bus and Metro lines, more information about public transit options here.
- NightLife guests are no longer required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must be enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Cafe only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Valid, physical photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
Explore the immense scale of the known Universe in this live presentation that leaves Earth far behind.
From bhangra to Pan Afro-Urban dance and Samba, see how the dance floor becomes a canvas for self-expression.
Explore the nocturnal side of the Academy and see what makes the museum at night different.
Sashay into a night of greatness and glam as we celebrate the undeniable impact and artistry of drag.
Explore the Academy at night alongside nearly 60,000 live animals.
We're serving more than looks in a night all about weaving connections through fashion.
Feel the beat of connection through the power of musical instruments.