Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife: Under the Sea Prom
Buy ahead to skip the line and save on tickets. 21+.
Will you go to prom with us? Dust off your best prom look and shell-ebrate World Ocean Day at the return of Under the Sea Prom, featuring a special live performance from Jada Imani, a mesmerizing dive show, and more!
Sounds by RIETA
Check out RIETA's exclusive NightLife playlist on the NightLife Spotify page
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 6:00 - 8:30 PM
- Kick off the night with a cocktail and an opening set from one of the Bay Area’s busiest entertainers and the resident DJ of the Golden State Warriors, Lady Ryan.
- 8:30 - 9:30 PM
- Grab a spot for an extra special Prom performance from East St. Louis-born, Bay Area-raised Hip-Hop R&B artist and organizer, Jada Imani.
Beyond The Sea
6:00 - 10:00 PM
- Join the Museum of Craft and Design to create your own perfect prom acc-sea-ssory, from Neptune crowns to coral corsages.
- Want to learn more about ocean science? Meet experts from the Academy who work tirelessly to study and protect our precious seas.
Coral Reef Dive
- Watch in awe as divers plunge into another world, mingling with eels, starfish, coral, and more in our Philippine Coral Reef tank, one of the deepest and largest displays of living coral in the world.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- NightLife guests are no longer required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must be enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Cafe only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Valid, physical photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
In honor of Steinhart Aquarium’s 100th anniversary, let's party like it’s 1923 & celebrate a century of wonder.
See what happens when art and nature collide at this NightLife honoring 10 years of BigPicture.
We’re closing out NightLife LIVE with grungy-synth sounds from Tanukichan & our soulful opener Lalin St. Juste.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.
One, two, NightLife’s comin’ for you. This Halloween, don’t sleep on NightLife.