Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Buy ahead to skip the line and save on tickets. 21+.
Kick off San Francisco Pride in style at NightLife, featuring drag performances by Oaklash. This NightLife, we’re celebrating love, acceptance, and the power of being unapologetically yourself. So get ready to dance the night away in your fiercest fit, see mesmerizing drag performances, and more!
Sounds by murcutian
Check out murcutian's exclusive NightLife playlist on the NightLife Spotify page.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 6:00 - 8:30 PM
- 8:30 - 9:40 PM
*Note: this featured event will feature ASL interpretation.
Queer From Here
6:00 - 10:00 PM
- Check out Queer From Here, a powerful photography project by Lauren Tabak that explores modern queer identity through captivating portraits. Be a part of this transformative experience by getting your photo taken and marvel at portraits of folks across the nation.
Wear Your Pride
6:00 - 10:00 PM
- Express yourself with the Museum of Craft and Design! Choose any color combination from a rainbow of bright, sparkly, and pastel tulle and craft a mini tutu armband. Explore the fluid function of your creation and try it out as a garter, choker, headband, anklet, and/or pet collar.
- Rep your favorite colorful Academy creature in a tee design from San Franpsycho in collaboration with Academy Pride.
6:00 - 10:00 PM
Meet a few incredible local queer organizations and learn what you can do to support the LGBTQIA+ community. Say hello to:
- Bridge HIV - an organization leading in HIV prevention, research, and education.
- ABO Comix - a collective of creators and activists working to amplify the voices of LGBTQIA+ prisoners through art.
- Rainbow World Fund - Founded in 2000, Rainbow World Fund is the world's first and only all-volunteer, LGBTQ+-based humanitarian aid organization
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- NightLife guests are no longer required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must be enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Café only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Valid, physical photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
In honor of Steinhart Aquarium’s 100th anniversary, let's party like it’s 1923 & celebrate a century of wonder.
See what happens when art and nature collide at this NightLife honoring 10 years of BigPicture.
We’re closing out NightLife LIVE with grungy-synth sounds from Tanukichan & our soulful opener Lalin St. Juste.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.
One, two, NightLife’s comin’ for you. This Halloween, don’t sleep on NightLife.